top of page

What Has Happened to Our Most
At-Risk Kids??

Tuesday, October 17

7 pm, AJCC

Join NCJW as we present the latest changes in our treatment of dependent and delinquent children. These changes in our Child Welfare system as a whole make community involvement a crucial part of the solution. Come to find out what’s going on and what you can do to help!

Hear about:

  • Dependency versus delinquency and how they are now handled in our Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice systems

  • Changes in today’s philosophy of Juvenile Justice

  • What’s really happening in LA County’s Transition Age Youth (TAY) Court to 18- to 21-year-olds

  • What you can do to change someone’s life: hear about two successful programs, Simply Friends and the BEST initiative

Jennifer Lorson photo.jpg
Truong Judicial Photo.jpg

Jennifer Lorson, JD is an attorney for the Children’s Law Center of California, the largest nonprofit law firm in the nation, where she represents “cross-over” kids who are dealing with both the juvenile dependency and the juvenile justice systems.


Mark C. Wynn, JD worked for years in LA County’s Public Defender Office and in Juvenile Justice Court and is now a resource attorney helping kids with educational rights advocacy, developmental rights advocacy, and school discipline matters.


Judge Terry T. Truong oversees LA County’s Transition Age Youth (TAY) Court, hearing cross-over juvenile dependency and juvenile justice cases for 18- to 21-year-olds. She is also president of the California Asian-Pacific American Judges Association.



Paul Freese, JD is a public interest attorney who has developed several programs to protect and engage our most isolated and vulnerable kids – those experiencing homelessness, immigration distress, foster care, and the justice system.

Please RSVP at by October 15

so that the front desk will let you in. 

None of the important work of NCJW - GLB & WOC is possible without your support. If you are able, please consider a donation in support of this event.


For questions or more information email

or call (657) 235-2511.

bottom of page